CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
2023 SFPE European Conference on Fire Safety Engineering
March 29-30, 2023 in Berlin, Germany
Submission Deadline: September 15, 2022
Presentation abstracts should provide sufficient detail regarding scope, results, and applications to determine the quality and applicability of the engineering concepts that would be presented.
If your presentation is accepted, the summary description you provide below will be used for marketing the event and published in the conference program. Extended abstracts are required for publication. Presentations must be noncommercial in nature.
The extended abstracts should identify the a) title, b) topic being addressed, c) approach or methodology, and d) design implications or results and recommendations. References and citations shall be identified in the abstract.
Abstracts must be submitted and presented in English. They will be reviewed lightly for appropriateness, structure, and English composition.
The Program Committee encourages presentations on all fire safety topics. The Committee strongly encourages submissions on:
- Fire safety related to energy efficiency and emerging technologies (ESS, photovoltaic panels, flammable refrigerants, electric vehicles, etc.).
- The application of performance-based design in timber/wood construction projects
Presentations are also being sought but not limited to the following representative topics:
- Building envelope (cladding, facades, etc.)
- Existing buildings, cultural heritage, etc.
- Probabilistic methodologies applied in a fire safety design
- Structural fire protection engineering (performance-based) methodologies
- How fire and life safety performance should be measured and verified
- Human behavior & evacuation (anthropometric studies, social distancing, mass evacuation, etc.)
- The application of models in performance-based design (fire, human behavior, structural)
More information on SFPE Conferences can be found here.
The application must be filled out completely to be considered.